1 head of cabbage
1 lb of ground pork
5-6 dried shitake mushrooms
4 tbsp minced water chestnuts
4 tbsp minced carrots
1 bunch of green onions
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Prep your ingredients.
- Boil water and rehydrate your shiitake mushrooms for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mince the garlic, green onions, carrots, and water chestnuts.
- Add the ground pork, garlic, green onions, carrots, and water chestnuts in a large bowl.
- Slice the rehydrated shiitake mushrooms into small pieces, similar size as the carrots and water chestnuts. Save the shiitake broth.
- Add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the filling well and add 2-3 tbsp of shiitake broth to ensure the filling is wet. Add more if needed. You do not want a dry dumpling. Set it aside and let the flavors mingle.
- In a large pot of boiling water, carefully remove the leaves of the cabbage one at a time and blanch the leaves until they are malleable.
- Start the dumpling assembly.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of filling into the middle of the cabbage.
- Roll and tuck in both sides. Fold and repeat.
- Steam the cabbage rolls for 20 minutes. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees.
- Serve with my amazing chili oil recipe. Any chili oil or dumpling sauce will work.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: mains
- Method: steam
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: no wrapper dumplings, asian cabbage rolls, cabbage rolls, gluten free pork dumplings, gluten free asian dumplings