2 lbs boneless short ribs
1/3 cup sake
1/3 cup mirin
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 ” ginger
6 garlic cloves
1 tbsp brown sugar
Cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch & 4 tbsp water)
- Prep the beef by removing the bones.
- Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In the instant pot, turn on to sauté function.
- Add a little oil and brown the meat on all sides. Get a good sear.
- Prep your aromatics and sauce (soy sauce, mirin & brown sugar)
- Get rid of excess oil and sauté your ginger and garlic.
- Add sake to deglaze the pan for 2 minutes. Make sure you remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the sauce.
- Put the lid on and set Instant Pot to 40 minutes.
- Let it come to a natural release for 10 minutes or do a quick release.
- Remove the meat and set it aside.
- Reduce the liquid to the desired thickness. Feel free to add a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up.
Equipment: Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Searing: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: mains
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: boneless short ribs instant pot