8–10 skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup of water or chicken stock
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
8 garlic cloves
1 tbsp black peppercorns
6 bay leaves
avocado oil for searing the chicken
salt and pepper
- Add some oil to a pan.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. Lightly salt and pepper on both sides. Remove the chicken pieces once browned.
- Remove some of the oil. I like to use paper towels.
- Add the garlic and black peppercorns. Saute for a minute until it is fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and add back the chicken.
- Let it come to a boil, and turn the heat down to a low-medium simmer. Cover with lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a low simmer.
- Open the lid and turn the heat up to medium-high heat to let the braising liquid reduce to your desired consistency for about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: asian
- Method: braising
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: filipino chicken adobo, filipino chicken adobo recipe, adobo chicken