5-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp gochujang paste
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Marinade for 15 minutes or more. For best results, marinate overnight.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. The internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees or more.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Thaw the raw chicken completely if you are using frozen chicken thighs. Otherwise, they will not cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Marinate the chicken thighs for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if possible, to help the flavors from the homemade marinade penetrate the meat.
- Preheat your air fryer while marinating the chicken, so it's nice and hot when you start frying. This step is essential to cook the chicken evenly and result in a crispy exterior.
- Cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of your air fryer so that they are not overcrowded in the air fryer basket. This will help them cook more evenly and prevent them from steaming instead of frying.
- To make this dish extra spicy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper, chili powder, or red pepper flakes to the flavorful marinade.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check if the air fryer boneless chicken thighs are cooked through. They are ready when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: mains
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: korean
Keywords: marinated chicken thighs in air fryer, gochujang chicken, gochujang chicken air fryer