3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
2 cups of day-old rice
2 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
7 minced cloves of garlic
3 stalks of spring onions (green and white part separated)
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
1 tsp of salt
3 - 4 tbsp of avocado oil for frying
- Prepare your ingredients. Slice your shiitake mushrooms, mince the garlic, and chop the green onions. Make sure to separate the white and green parts of the green onions.
- In a bowl, mix the day-old rice with the yolk. This will give the rice a beautiful golden brown color.
- In a small bowl, whisk your egg whites and set aside.
- In a large wok or a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of neutral oil, and saute the mushrooms. Add the soy sauce and a little bit of minced garlic. Cook the mushrooms until they are crispy in some parts and have a perfect consistency, which is about 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same large skillet, stir fry your minced garlic and white part of the green onions for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Lower to medium heat. Add your rice, chicken bouillon powder and saute to make sure the rice is broken up well and everything is well-combined.
- Make a well in the middle and add the whisked egg whites. Let the egg cook and mix it well with the rice.
- Add in the cooked mushrooms, the rest of the green onions, and the toasted sesame oil. Stir well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste at the end.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Make sure all ingredients are all prepped before you start cooking.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sides
- Method: wok
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: mushroom fried rice, fried rice with mushroom, mushroom in fried rice, shiitake, mushroom, easy dinner recipe