1 large eggplant
2 tbsp of avocado oil
2 tbsp of white sugar
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
1 tbsp chili oil (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer your 350 degrees.
- Slice your eggplant into thick slices—about half inch rounds.
- Cut slits in the middle to create opening for the sauce.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together oil, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and chili oil(optional).
- Line your air fryer with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place your eggplant rounds on the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. Place the sauce on top of the eggplant.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Broil for extra 2 minutes for a crispier crust.
- Serve and enjoy!
Preheat to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for 30 minutes until the eggplant is crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sides
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe, air fryer eggplant, eggplant in air fryer