8 ounces of spaghettini
1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
8 cloves of minced garlic cloves (approximately 3 tbsp)
3 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp of red chili flakes (optional, highly recommend)
Salt and pepper
Extra parmesan cheese on top
Chives or green onions
- In a large pot of salted water, boil water for the pasta. Salt it generously.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a skillet, add a little bit of oil and saute the garlic. It should be brown and fragrant, not burnt. Remove some of the fried garlic and set it aside for garnish.
- Add the red chili peppers for an extra kick. Optional but strongly recommended.
- On medium heat, add the butter and oyster sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Strain the cooked pasta and save 1 cup of pasta water.
- Put the noodles in the skillet with the garlic sauce, and add some pasta water. Combine well with the sauce. The pasta water will help thicken the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more pasta water if the noodles are dry. It should be saucy, not dry.
- Add the parmesan cheese but save some for garnish.
- Mix well. Garnish with crispy fried garlic that was set aside, green onions, and more parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cook the pasta al dente. For best results, cook the pasta noodles 1 minute before it is done to ensure chewy noodles. You will be cooking it a little bit more in the sauce, so account for the cooking process.
- If using pasta noodles, heavily salt the large pot of water. It should taste like the sea.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: sides
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: garlic noodles, asian garlic noodles, garlic noodle recipe, garlic noodle recipe asian, best garlic noodle recipe, garlic noodles recipe, asian garlic noodles recipe