Rice papers (1-2 per dumpling)
1-2 tbsp avocado oil
1 can of tuna (or salmon)
1 cup of cooked jasmine rice
1 half avocado (sliced)
1 jalapeno cut into slices
seasoned nori sheets (1-2 per dumpling)
3 tbsp of kewpie mayo (sub: regular mayo)
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp of sriracha
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp chili oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp sugar (or honey)
- Filling: In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients. Mix well, and season with salt and pepper. Taste to make sure it is to your liking and set it aside.
- Slice the avocado into thin pieces.
- Wet the rice papers for 5-10 seconds with warm water. Place it on a cutting board.
- Start your assembly. Avocado – Nori – Rice – Tuna mix – Nori – Avocado. Fold and repeat.
- Pan Fry: Add 1-2 tbsp of neutral oil in a well-preheated pan and pan fry the dumplings. Do not overcrowd. They will stick together otherwise.
- Pan fry for 4-5 minutes on each side using a spatula to slightly press down on the dumpling to get a crispy outer layer.
- Air fry: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Lightly spray the bottom of the tray or basket with oil. Place the dumplings. Space them out, so they don’t stick. Spray the top with oil.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Flip them a few times to get a nice color.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: main
- Method: pan fry
- Cuisine: asian