Roasted cabbage wedges are one of my favorite vegetables to roast. They are crispy and super flavorful. Easy to make, and they’re ready in just 25 minutes – depending on the size of your cabbages and how thin you cut your quarters. This peanut sauce is just the bomb. It is easy to make and comes together in less than 5 minutes. No pans, just a bowl and a spoon. Talk about easy.
I personally do not like coleslaw. However, roasted cabbage is a game-changer – definitely worth a try! Even the pickiest eater will love this one.
Why you will love this Roasted Cabbage recipe
- Super easy and upper quick to make.
- Great for get-togethers and holidays as you can make the sauce and roast the cabbage ahead of time. Everything can be reheated the next day.
- You can air fry this as well for a quicker meal.
- you can easily make this PLANT BASED!
Air Fryer Instructions:
If you are making this dish for 2-3 people, air frying would be the best option. It is quicker, and the cabbages will come out crispier.
Air fry at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway. Make sure the edges are crispy, and the inside is tender.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Purple cabbage – You can use any vegetables for this. Brussels sprouts, green, red cabbage… whatever you want.
Salt and Pepper
Avocado oil – use any neutral oil like grapeseed oil or canola oil
Peanut butter – use smooth or crunchy.
Low-sodium soy sauce – tamari for gluten-free
Fresh lemon juice
Honey – for vegan, plant-based option, use maple syrup or white sugar
Water – this is for loosening up the sauce
Chili oil – optional. Use red pepper flakes or omit them if you don’t want spice.
Garnish: green onions or peanuts
Roasted Cabbage with Peanut Sauce
Roasted cabbage wedges are one of my favorite vegetables to roast. They are crispy and super flavorful. Easy to make, and they’re ready in just 25 minutes – depending on the size of your cabbages and how thin you cut your quarters. This peanut sauce is just the bomb. It is easy to make and comes together in less than 5 minutes. No pans, just a bowl, and a spoon. Talk about easy.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
1 small purple cabbage (you can use green too)
salt and pepper
2 tbsp of avocado oil (any neutral oil will work)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
¼ cup of water (plus more, you want a loose sauce)
1 tbsp chili oil (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut your cabbage into quarters. Leave the core on. It will hold your cabbage together.
- In a baking tray, drizzle some oil. Place your cabbage on the tray, and rub oil all over them.
- Salt and pepper your cabbage.
- Roast cabbage at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, flipping them a few times to get a nice char. Make sure you get the crispy edges and tender inside. Add more time roasting if needed.
- Make your sauce. Add all the peanut sauce ingredients to a medium size bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Mix well. Add more water if needed. You want a very loose sauce to drizzle on top of the cabbages. Taste your sauce to make sure it is well-balanced.
- Once the cabbage is tender and crispy, remove it from the tray to a plate and drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: mains, sides
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: roasted cabbage, peanut sauce, baked cabbage, baked cabbage recipes, roasted cabbage wedges
Leave a Reply