EAT WITH CARMEN is all about celebrating love, family, and culture. My website is dedicated to all things recipes, entertaining, travel, family and so much more. Here you will find easy, approachable recipes that you and your family will love.
My boys are Filipino - Canadian, and there is nothing else I want more than for them to know about my culture and where I came from.
Born and raised in the Philippines, my family immigrated to Canada when I was 11 years old. Growing up in a melting pot of different cultures fuelled my love of fresh, simple, balanced, and authentic flavors—Filipino, Vietnamese, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Japanese cuisine… You name it, I have cooked it. With my own signature spin, of course.
I hope you enjoy trying out my recipes just as much as I did creating them!
A little more about me
- Born and raised in Manila, Philippines, my family immigrated to Vancouver, Canada, when I was 11. I live in Victoria (Vancouver Island) now.
- My siblings and I learned how to speak English by watching Disney movies repeatedly.
- I have 2 boys that keep me on my toes and 2 dogs - Peepoo and Patcha
- I come from a really large Filipino family. Believe it or not, I have over 75 first cousins. To be honest, I have lost count.
- I learned how to cook by watching countless hours of the Food Network while pumping and breastfeeding… does that make me a pro? Lol
- My favorite things in the world (besides my family) are skincare, dog walks, and feeding my neighbors!
- I am a huge fan of traveling (who isn't?). Here are some of my favorite memories of me.
Don't miss out on my latest recipes!
Top 8 Recipes
Garlic Miso Chicken Air Fryer
Easy Teriyaki Chicken on a Stick Recipe
Spicy Sesame Chicken - Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Sticky Sweet Chili Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
Easy Asian Garlic Noodles - ready in 15 minutes
The Best Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipe with Garlic Butter
Easy Orange Chicken Meatballs Recipe (one pan)
Miso Glazed Black Cod (Nobu Copycat)