These Asian Style Chicken Wings are a huge hit! They are juicy and bursting with flavor. Marinated with soy sauce, lime and spices, then baked or air fried to perfection. Tossed in a gorgeous sticky sauce that will make you lick your fingers. They are the best wings ever!
Why I love this chicken wing recipe
This recipe is kid-approved. The first time I made this, my boys went bananas. They are extremely picky, and therefore, I knew these Asian wings were outstanding. This delicious recipe is so easy to make, with only requires a handful of simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry or can easily find in most grocery stores.
They are absolutely the best party food! Easy and will feed an army.
Pro Tips for making The best Asian Sticky Chicken Wings
- Make tons, as this will be a hit at your house! This recipe is good for 2-4 people.
- Feel free to make extra sauce. The sauce is great for chicken breasts or stir-fry recipes.
Other methods of cooking
Deep Fry Method
You can deep fry this, but I find baking it in the oven is much healthier and uses less oil. However, if you want crispy chicken wings, deep frying is your best bet.
Air Fryer Method
Air fryer chicken wings make the best wings! However, it tends only to make a small batch. I will only use this method if I am only cooking wings for myself and my two young boys. Otherwise, the oven will be your best bet for this recipe.
Using the oven is great, as you can make as many chicken wings as you want. This is fantastic if you’re having a get-together or want to have leftovers the next day. Lay the chicken wings onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake and toss it in the sauce. It’s so easy and so delicious.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Chicken wings (drummettes and wingettes) – I like to get the party size or family pack.
- Neutral oil – I love using avocado oil for this. Vegetable or canola oil is great as well.
- Soy sauce – Low sodium soy sauce
- Lime – You can substitute rice vinegar
- Baking powder – this makes crispy wings
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic – feel free to use garlic powder for the sauce as well.
- Sweet Thai chili sauce – key ingredient
- Ketchup – key ingredient
Other Ingredients to add that will add more flavor:
- Shaoxing wine or dry sherry – for the marinade. This will add incredible flavor.
- brown sugar for more caramelization
- hoisin sauce in the marinade
- chili garlic sauce for the marinade for more spice
- oyster sauce for the marinade will add do much umami
Easy Steps to making Asian Style Chicken Wings
- Combine all the marinade ingredients (soy sauce, lime juice and zest, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
- Pat the wings dry using a paper towel.
- Marinade the wings. For best results, marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Bake your wings until crispy.
- On a large skillet, heat up your sauce until it is sticky and the garlic is fragrant.
- Toss in the wings and mix until perfectly caramelized.
FULL DETAILED RECIPE CARD IS BELOW.
- Large bowl with lid
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Parchment paper
- Paper towels – to dry the wings
What to Serve
This is one of my go-to game day recipes. I make these wings once a month – at least!
Serve this by itself as an appetizer. If this is your main dish, I usually serve it with rice and some steamed or sauteed vegetables.
Try these other recipes you will love
How to Store and Reheat
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Reheat in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes. So good!
3 lbs of split chicken wings (drummettes and wingettes)
1 tbsp neutral oil (avocado oil)
1 tbsp of soy sauce
juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp f pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup of sweet Thai chili sauce
¼ cup of ketchup
optional: drizzle sesame oil
- In a large bowl with a lid, combine all the marinade ingredients (soy sauce, lime juice and zest, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
- Pat the wings dry using a paper towel.
- Add in the wings. Let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes. For best results, marinate overnight.
- On a baking sheet, line the bottom with parchment paper and place the cooling rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through at 425 degrees f. Keeping baking until your desired doneness. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees or higher.
- Meanwhile, on a large skillet, heat up your sauce until it is sticky and the garlic is fragrant. Low-medium heat. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken wings until it is perfectly coated and the sauce is caramelized.
- Feel free to make extra sauce. The sauce is great for chicken breast or other stir-fry recipes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinating time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: mains
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: Asian style chicken wings, asian style wings, Asian chicken wings, chicken wings recipe, crispy baked wings, sticky chicken wings