With a flavorful marinade of balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and herbs, these balsamic chicken thighs comes out perfectly cooked in the air fryer every time – and they’re absolutely delicious and quick to make!
The balsamic marinade gives a nice, balanced flavor to the chicken without being too overwhelming. The tanginess from the balsamic and sweetness from the honey is a true classic!
What does it take to make the juiciest, most flavorful chicken thighs? We’re pretty sure it has something to do with this air fryer balsamic chicken thighs recipe.
Done in under 20 minutes, this balsamic chicken recipe is a great recipe for busy weeknights. I used simple ingredients and kick-ass equipment a.k.a. AIR FRYER, which makes this dish not only delicious but also healthier than other methods of cooking chicken like grilling or frying.
This balsamic chicken thigh recipe can be done in the oven as well. It will just take more time. Temperature and cooking time will be listed on the recipe card.
Looking for more air fryer chicken recipes? Check out my gluten-free orange chicken, char siu chicken, and garlic miso chicken recipes!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – This is my favorite cut of chicken as it always comes out juicy and moist than chicken breasts. If you use chicken breasts, I recommend pounding them thin to even out the thickness so they cook evenly. You can also use whatever cut of chicken you wish or have like skin-on chicken thighs, bone-in thighs, or whole chicken.
- Balsamic vinegar – This is the key ingredient to give this juicy chicken that signature tangy flavor. If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar and a little bit of maple syrup.
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps to thin out the marinade and stick the flavors to the chicken. You can use any type of oil like avocado oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is always best, but you can use garlic powder if that’s all you have.
- Dijon mustard – This gives a nice tangy and spicy flavor to the marinade. If you don’t have dijon, you can use regular yellow mustard.
- Sweetener – I love using honey in this recipe as it gives a beautiful sweetness to balance out the acidity from the balsamic vinegar. You can substitute with brown sugar, white sugar, or maple syrup if you don’t have honey on hand. For a low-carb option, I would use monk fruit sweetener.
- Fresh thyme – I used thyme in this recipe as it goes really well with chicken. But you could also use fresh basil or rosemary. For the best results, I always use fresh herbs but feel free to use dried herbs for convenience.
- Salt and black pepper – Always season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Chopped parsley – Optional for garnish
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Air Fryer – I use Instant Pot Vortex Pro XL — an amazing appliance, perfect for a family of 4. If you do not have an air fryer, use the oven. Cooking instructions will be on the recipe card.
- large bowl with lid
- cutting board and knife
What to serve with air fryer balsamic chicken thighs
- Garnish with chopped parsley and balsamic glaze reduction.
- Best paired with pasta, a simple salad, green beans, or brown rice.
- This healthy meal goes well with everything, especially red wine.
Other easy recipes for you to try!
Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings with the Best Chili Garlic Oil Sauce
Teriyaki Air Fryer Boneless Chicken ThighsPrint
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs – Balsamic Glazed
Super quick and delicious dish ready in 20 minutes. Great for meal prep, dinners, or get-togethers. This dish is a winner.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
6–8 pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
3 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp sweetener (I used honey)
1–2 tablespoon of fresh thyme
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
drizzle of Balsamic Reduction
- Preheat the air fryer to the roast setting for 15 minutes
- In a large bowl with a lid, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Mix the chicken thighs well.
- Line the air fryer rack with parchment paper (optional)
- In a single layer, place the marinated chicken on the rack and roast for 15 minutes, flipping halfway to great get color on both sides.
- When finished, broil for 1-2 minutes until you get the perfect caramelization.
- The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Plate and then drizzle some balsamic reduction and chopped parsley.
OVEN COOKING TEMPERATURE:
Set oven to preheat to 375 degrees.
Line the baking tray or sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Cook for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway. The chicken should be ready when the instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Broil time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main, air fryer
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: air fryer, boneless skinless chicken thighs in air fryer, quick air fryer recipe
Leave a Reply